Event sponsors should consider the following factors when deciding which inflatable is appropriate for an event.
- Bounce houses are never acceptable at events on University property, unless the Risk Management and Insurance grants an exception.
- Inflatable obstacle courses may not include water slides.
- There should be a very low likelihood that participants can collide with each other.
- Preparing to participate in the inflatable should be quick and easy. It should not take a lot of time to put on protective gear or strap into harnesses.
- There should be no loose buckles or exposed metal pieces that can come into contact with participants.
- The goal of participating should not be to engage in competitive physical contact with other participants.
- Participation should include only a minimal amount of leaving the inflatable surface.