If you suspect a minor has been abused, mistreated or neglected, you are required to take the following steps:
- If the minor is in immediate danger or you require emergency assistance, call 911.
- Call the Cornell University Police at 607-255-1111 (or the local police agency with jurisdiction over the location of the suspected abuse)
- Tell your supervisor and the Cornell Minors Program Administrator (607-254-1575 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Call the New York State Child Abuse and Maltreatment Hotline: 800-342-3720 (when calling the hotline, make sure to obtain the ID number and the name of representative contacted)
- Weill Medical Cornell Medicine requirements: Report to New York Presbyterian security at 212-932-4400. New York Presbyterian security will notify Weill Cornell Medicine Risk Management of all reports.
- Cornell Tech Campus requirements: Report to Cornell Tech Safety & Security. 646-971-3611
- Reporting of Injury/Illness: If a minor is injured or falls ill, please complete the Injury/Illness report
**Cornell University prohibits any form of retaliation, intimidation, harassment, or adverse employment action against any trustee, officer, employee, agent or volunteer of the university who, in good faith, reports any activity within the university that is suspected of being illegal, fraudulent, or in violation or any governmental regulation or university policy.