Rental Vehicles

When you rent a passenger vehicle, there are several types of insurance to consider, as detailed in University Policy 3.2 – University Travel.  The renter should verify they have the following as part of the rental:

Collision or Loss Damage Waiver (CDW or LDW). This insurance protects you against damage that may happen to the vehicle you have rented.

Liability Insurance  (LI). This insurance protects you and the University against claims made by third parties for property damage (other vehicles) and/or personal injury.

Both CDW and LI are included when renting under a University Preferred Supplier Agreement.  Information on preferred Rental Car companies and the contract number can be found at:

Rental Vehicles. CU Net ID is required