If you are injured on Cornell property, during a Cornell sponsored activty, or during the course of your employment with Cornell, please complete the Cornell University On-Line Injury Report. Cornell Staff should report injuries occuring to non-affiliated persons (visitors, vendors, etc.)
When reporting a Cornell University vehicle accident and/or damage, please refer to University policy 3.4 (https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/policy/vol3_4.pdf ), or you may follow these steps.
- Notify the local law enforcement at the scene, if possible.
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Report
- Forward the completed report, and if available the “Information Exchange Form” to our office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (607) 254-8000 within 24 hours of the accident.
- You may refer the other party involved in the accident to the Office of Risk Management & Insurance (607) 254-1575.
- If a Cornell University Fleet vehicle was involved in the accident please notify Fleet Services at 607-255-3247.
*Please note an accident is defined as any occasion involving personal injury or property damage while operating a motor vehicle.